Thursday, February 16, 2012

Can I disable the immobilizer system on my Toyota Yaris?

Hello, I am wondering if the immobilizer system is a necessary part of running a car. I made the mistake of getting a Toyota Yaris with the immobilizer standard/smart key, and I am wondering if the immobilizer system can be removed/deactivated, so that I can get another spare key if I am on the road and the master key isn't directly available.Can I disable the immobilizer system on my Toyota Yaris?Two keys and your car programed for them will be cheaper then immobiliser removal.Can I disable the immobilizer system on my Toyota Yaris?that was a "duck"

Report Abuse

Can I disable the immobilizer system on my Toyota Yaris?You can always install a immobilizer bypass kit, which runs for about 20 dollars. All new cars I believe after 2002 from Toyota comes with an immobilizer system. The standard keys are Transponder keys and are registered to the immobilizer system and when reset it will allow 2 keys to be programmed. Additional ones can be prorgammed, but are more complex. There are people that have just cut off the blade of the key and hide the transponder part under/near the lock cylinder as that is how the transponder works.

No comments:

Post a Comment