Thursday, February 23, 2012

I have a 1986 toyota van that quits running?

Ok my 86 toyota van will just stop running while i'm driving down the roat. I have done a complete tune up and changed the fuel filter. After sitting a few minutes it will restart. Any one have an Idea whats up. I put a new fuel pump in when I bought it in 2002. We have a 179,000 miles and uses no oil . Help I love this van.I have a 1986 toyota van that quits running?I have no idea why it quits running, but I'm sure it runs great whenever you have the mechanic standing next to it. That's the real issue...being ready to diagnose it when it fails.



I'm sure you'd be able to tell if it was fuel related as the engine is starved for gas, chokes a few times and dies. Yours sound more like an electrical problem, maybe a oxygen sensor sending the wrong data to the computer. I think I'd get one of the cheapest diagnostic tools I could find(on board computer reader) and keep it connected under the dash. Only you will be there when the van dies, and then you'll have data to share with the mechanic. Try JC Whitney.com for cheap automotive tools and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment