Sunday, February 26, 2012

Is it necessary to service the ac evaporator of my 2000 Toyota sienna if there's no cooling problem/?

The service advisor at the toyota dealership recommended cleaning the ac evaporator on my toyota sienna 2000 with 130,000 miles on it.I have no trouble with the van except that it's 8 years old.Am I being set up for a ride?What benefit will the service do except emptying my wallet?Is it necessary to service the ac evaporator of my 2000 Toyota sienna if there's no cooling problem/?OK.



There are two coils in your A/C System.



One is the Condenser, it is in front of the rad, it CAN get clogged with dirt, bugs, etc...



Second is the Evaporator, this is somewhere in between the dash and firewall of your car.



I can't see the Evaporator being dirty, I've taken lots out, and they've never seemed dirty enough to warrant cleaning them.



If, on the other hand, you're talking about the Condenser, then it could be dirty, but you could just take a garden hose and spray it down, after all, it should be in plain view when you pop the hood.



Just my take on it.Is it necessary to service the ac evaporator of my 2000 Toyota sienna if there's no cooling problem/?no benefit at all,dealer just wants your money,evaporator coils hardly ever get dirty,hope that helps.Is it necessary to service the ac evaporator of my 2000 Toyota sienna if there's no cooling problem/?Evap. cores can get clogged with bugs and mud. This will decrease the performance and cooling of the refrigerant.



Open the hood and look at it. It's right behind the grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment