Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Grandparents own a Chrysler Dealership and I want a Toyota, what do I do?

My Grandparents own a Chrysler-Jeep Dealership. Currently they are being run out of business (and I would estimate the dealership will be gone a year from now). Obviously, I don't want that to happen. However, I do not like any Chrysler car. I only have $15K to spend and need a car ASAP. Chryslers, in my opinion, are unreliable, have horrible gas mileage, and are overpriced. The car I have my eye on is a 2005 Toyota Corrolla. My parents say I have an obligation to buy from my Grandparents.



Why should I waste money on an unreliable, over-priced car that I don't want when I can get everything I want in the Toyota? What would you do in my position? I don't want to upset my Grandparents, but I need a car that will last and isn't too expensive.My Grandparents own a Chrysler Dealership and I want a Toyota, what do I do?If you feel you're obligated to buy a Chrysler at your grandparents' dealership (assuming they aren't going to give you some amazing deal b/c you're in the family), then have them get you a used Corolla at auction. Most dealerships can do that.



If your grandparents can get you a Chrysler for really low cost to you, why not take it, and support their business? If they are going to treat you like any other customer and want full price...well, go and get that Corolla elsewhere, and help out with their dealership in some other way.



I only knew 2 of my grandparents, and those 2 I knew only wanted the best for me. They'll understand.My Grandparents own a Chrysler Dealership and I want a Toyota, what do I do?
i'd buy a toyota, esp since they're very reliable. do your research and tell the grandparents. they need to respect your decision.My Grandparents own a Chrysler Dealership and I want a Toyota, what do I do?See if your grandparents have the car you want on their trade-in lot.
Corrolla's are cheap - relative inexpensive cars - but there are plent of Chryler's that put that car to shame. Plus your parents are right and you out to support the family business. I don't really think you have a leg to stand on. Now if you were looking at a Lexus I would understand sort of - but a Corrolla - guy get really.My Grandparents own a Chrysler Dealership and I want a Toyota, what do I do?If your parents think that your obligated to buy from your grandparents then they should pay for the car, otherwise it's your money, life and car right!My Grandparents own a Chrysler Dealership and I want a Toyota, what do I do?
You shouldn't. I am not sure the circumstances here and I am unsure about you age. However it is your money and your car. I think that your parent's have 0 say in what you get unless they are paying for it. Not to mention that you are absolutely correct chrysler's do suck. Definately go get that Toyota.
wait till somebody who's smart trades a 2005 corolla in to buy a chrysler, then buy it from your grandparentsMy Grandparents own a Chrysler Dealership and I want a Toyota, what do I do?
Buy a chevy, they are AMERICAN made. They are built like a rock!
Don't buy a jap car. Remember what the japs did to the US in 1941. Your grandparents sure do.



I have owned 5 Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth's since 1989 with very few problems. The problems I did have were small and easily taken care of. My most recent purchase was a new 2000 Dodge Intrepid and I now have 115k miles on it and is still going strong.
Buy a FORD they're American made
It's your money, you earned it, and withthat youearned the right to spend it on whatever you want. If your grandparents are runing their business into the ground, it's not your responsibility to help support them while they do it.
Have time look at a one or two year old Crossfire. V-6 Mercedes Benz driveline? How bad can that be? Other than damn small But so is that Corrolla
Buy one of their Toyota used car trade in's. Drive it until they go out of business and then buy your toyota.

The small Chryslers get good mileage and are not bad cars.

The wholesale cost should save you a bundle.

Have them buy you a Toyota at the dealers wholesale auction.
Unless your parents are paying for the car, it's your choice what you buy.



But see if your grandparents have a late-model used Toyota on their lot or can work a swap for a new Toyota from the Toyota dealer. Dealers do that sometimes; you might even get a slightly better price AND keep everyone happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment