Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I have a toyota tercel that I just recently installed a harmonic balancer?

I had problems with the original and had to purchase another balancer. I am trying to start the car now and I find that the balancer is working its way loose. I purchased some bolt dressing that is the color red to make sure the bolt would not work its way loose and it still is a bit loose. Any ideas on how I can resolve this? I really enjoy my little toyota, it is a real gas saver.I have a toyota tercel that I just recently installed a harmonic balancer?I believe you should have a key for the balancer and a keyway in the shaft. Check on your old one. That's suppose to stop any turning and the bolt has to be torqued to 150-160 ft/lbs.I have a toyota tercel that I just recently installed a harmonic balancer?Are you sure it's tightened to spec? Also check the grade of the bolt if you used new ones. If the grade is higher than stock requires you're going to have to tighten it more because it won't stretch as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment