Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What's the best way to find a used Toyota if I live in a small town?

I'm getting my license soon and couldn't be more satisfied than if I had a Toyota. However, I live in a small town whose residents have their heart set mostly on American. What's the best way to find one provided that I can't exactly flip through a newspaper and find one down the block?



Other foreign cars are also good, but most preferably a Toyota.



BTW, this is not a want ad! I'm just asking the best way to research this.



Thanks!What's the best way to find a used Toyota if I live in a small town?Well, since I'm assuming your town doesn't have any foreign vehicle dealers, you're going to have to travel. I'd search online for cities around your area before hand, that way you know where to go and just aren't whippin' your way out there. Most dealers have online inventories, have a look! That is what I did, found a great car : ]What's the best way to find a used Toyota if I live in a small town?One suggestion I have is going to a car mechanic. Ask them if he has worked on many foreign - made cars. If he has, ask where they might be selling them close to him. I'm assuming the mechanic's place orders parts for various vehicles and they would have to know where they are getting them from.



One thing to keep in mind (something my dad mentioned to me when I was recently buying a car) is: are you going to fix your car in your hometown in case of a breakdown? That same mechanic that you will ask above, will he be able to do more than just change your oil? I ask because if that town/city where you end up purchasing your car is far away, you might be stuck fixing it there, or waiting for days to get parts. A lot of people go with American not because they don't want a Toyota, but because they know that Joe next door can fix it and get the parts used or new in a matter of hours. That's just something to keep in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment