Monday, February 13, 2012

Will you ever buy a toyota after all the mess?

I've had a toyota since I could drive, and to be honest, I think I'll be finding another car company. What about you?Will you ever buy a toyota after all the mess?I'd buy a Toyota again. I owned a 2003 Toyota Corolla and it was a great little car. When I was shopping for a new car I looked at the 2010 Toyota Corolla but bought something different instead. I find this whole "Lets beat the P!SS out of Toyota" campaign to be a bit much. I LOVE hearing people cry about how Toyota didn't admit anything, least we forget the battle between the Ford Explorer and Brigstone tires and the dreaded Ford Pinto gas tank issues. And what ever happened to the Chevy side-saddle gas tanks? I have yet to hear ANY of those two admit ANYTHING. Bottom line is that Toyota took a hit on it's recall and now the, so called, big 3 are jumping all over it. Theres a reason why Toyota was closing in on being the biggest/best car company in the world......People got tired of buying junk.Will you ever buy a toyota after all the mess?
I have owned my toyota for 10 years and wish I had the sense to buy one earlier. I owned several Chevy's over the years, Malibu, two Nova's, and Chevette, owned a Ford and a Chrysler (never again) and they all were crap compared to my toyota.

All of the American car makers have had just as many and just as serious, recalls as toyota over the years. Any one remember the Pinto"s that exploded when rear ended. The Ford Mustangs made in the late 70's-early 80's (after the Mustang II) were total pieces of crap. The engine on mine blew at 65,000 miles and I didn't drive it much (cam shaft problem that ford knew about, but did nothing to correct because it only happened when you didn't drive your car very far on a regular basis)Will you ever buy a toyota after all the mess?I will still buy from toyota, if they had a car that I like. Like a LF-A with out all the carbon fiber and minus two cylinders. That way some people can actually afford it.



I don't buy in to the media hype. But my next car is going to be a german car because, I make more money now.



82 Cressida - Sold (first car)

86 pickup- Sold (got 15 good years out of it)

2001 Tacoma 87,000 mile (Crappy gas, but runs like a timex watch)

2003 sienna 260,000 (delivery van, trips to Texas and California)

2006 camry Daily Beater

2009 Bmw 335i (wife's car)

2010 Mercedes Ben E350 (Just got for my mom)



Bring back the supra!
In all honesty, I have never owned a Japanes car and I have never loved nor hated Toyota. Most of my vehicles ARE North American. Nothing against the Japanese, there simply isn't a Japanese dealer within 300 miles of where I live.



1 Pontiac Sunfire - which is far more rusted than any Sienna ever will be.



1 Ford P/up - currently the only 100% functioning vehicle in my driveway; but that won't last forever and it DID just came back from dealer warranty repair. And guess what - it was the electronic throttle assembly sensor. Go figure ! !



1 Chevy Malibu that has electric steering problems too. My wife will not drive it as a result. The steering kicks back by itself when the car is stopped at signal lights or idling in the driveway.



1 1965 Chevy P/up that I restored myself, so any problems can be attributed to myself since there is little of the original vehicle remaining.



1 very old Jaguar - with a shytty electrical system that no other car maker could match on their worst day of production using wild monkeys as production workers.



1 Thomas school bus with an electrical system that even the school board's mechanics cannot fathom. And they carry 70 humans (our children) in those vehicles.



NOTE - if I was to duplicate that GX460 rollover test with a loaded Thomas School bus, I can assure you that there would be a bus laying on it's side with 70 dead kids and a bus driver smeared all over the roadway. Pushing any top heavy vehicle to those limits will eventually lead to the same result. But it does look KOOL in the news, doesn't it?



The simple fact of the matter is that Toyota is the 'target of the month'.

YES - they screwed up; no one can dispute that fact. But no worse than any other car makers that has been outed for their production flaws. The thing is; Toyota WILL fix the problems, as have the other manufacturers in the past. Toyota is not the first to kill one of their customers; the list of manufacturers that have done that is longer than the list of manufacturers currently in the business.



Besides, most every manufacturer uses 'fly by wire' throttle assemblies these days. They are cheaper to produce and allow for better acceleration and emissions control control than a cable system. Get used to that - they are here to stay. And what is even scarier is that most major auto manufacturers wish to extend the same technology to our braking systems. Most already have some form of electronic intervention (ABS - traction %26amp; stability control) in their braking systems as it is.



So, NO ! ! ! , I will not be joining into the mass hysteria surrounding Toyota. I will leave that to the sheep that allow these things to consume their everyday lives. And if Toyota ever builds a vehicle that fills my needs, I would probably consider buying it. That's if my kids and the wife have left any money in my bank accounts.Will you ever buy a toyota after all the mess?Never would have bought one before this mess. Back in 2007 their CEO admitted they knew the redesigned Camry had transmission defects when they put it on sale. That basically ruined them in my eyes. I wasn't at all surprised they were hiding other problems when this gas pedal problem took off. I come from a family that literally worships Toyota. Both sides have owned several of them, so I know a fair bit about the ownership experience. I laughed when my uncles Toyota, which he always bragged about its reliability and how you should "knock on a Toyota, it's more solid than wood" randomly died, while our older Saturn was still going strong. I have a Saab now, and love it. chances are I'll be getting another one. I also love Alfa Romeo's, and their CEO said they'd be back by 2012 so I'll have to see what the come up with. Chances are this will be my next car:

http://www.saabusa.com/saabjsp/allnew95/鈥?/a>



I like to buy from companies I know are ethical. I wouldn't buy a Toyota for the same reasons I don;t shop at Wal Mart or buy Nike clothes:

http://www.nlcnet.org/reports?id=0007Will you ever buy a toyota after all the mess?
Hey....



just because a company was pressured so much by the government, that doesn't mean an individual should lose trust

on a company



Every company makes recalls, this is how they improve to become successful.....nothing in live is perfect.





for your information Toyota will make more and more recalls



Why?



Simple because the government could ban Toyota if they don't improve upon safety.







The government could ban toyota.....it makes no difference because Japanese cars are still better than all American Cars.....



Ford is good, they really know what they're doing.



**FACT**



A toyota will kill 1-3 people in 3 months while GUNS kill 1 person a week all across US.



Can Obama not think about this clearly, how much more money will he waste and how much do I as a taxpayer I have to pay?
No. But honestly, for me it's not so much the whole safety issue, but the fact that other manufacturers have been building great products for years that easily beat Toyota products.



You can easily find superior products from GM, Honda, Ford, etc in nearly every category vs Toyota. The only area where Toyota has no real superior rival is in the compact pickup segment. In all other segments you can find easily find a superior product.Will you ever buy a toyota after all the mess?
well yes,ive had my prius over 4years and this thing is amazing on gas,never had any issues with the pedals,so dame right i would by another,,truth is,,every car has recalls,and even with toyotas problems they still are the better choice,,you will be back,or at least regrett getting anything else
No way !!!



I didn't get a lobotomy so I won't drive a Toyota.
A year ago American Auto manufacturers were going bankrupt while Toyota had record sales.What do we do?What do we do?...Hmmmm.Wait a moment!!!....(hint)(hint).
No, I won't I bought an Echo in 2001 and I still love it and I will probably buy another Toyota.
Can buy a better quality Ford product which is a better value and safer to boot
Yes i would
yep i would.
The safety thing wouldn't worry me I just think they make really dull cars....
toyota are good on gas good cars i had one switch to dodge
TTOOYYOOTTAA



I'll always buy them

No comments:

Post a Comment