Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Can I Remove the emission control components from my 1981 toyota 4x4?

I have a 1981 Toyota pickup that runs very rich. I have had the o2 sensor replaced, it did not help. I can not find an idle mixure screw and have been told that there is not an idle mixure screw on this carb. There is at least 30 different vacume hoses going from here to there around the intake and carb. I would like to put a carb from a 20r engine (one with a mixture screw) and remove all that stuff that I do not understand. I only want to see a vacume hose going to my brake booster, and my distributer. Is this possible? I do not care about passing any emission tests as I live in the middle of nowhere and don't ever care to move to California.Can I Remove the emission control components from my 1981 toyota 4x4?California isn't the only place with emissions tests, but if the carb has the same bolt pattern there's probably nothing stopping you from swapping it on and plugging all the emissions stuff.Can I Remove the emission control components from my 1981 toyota 4x4?you could remove them yes but i am wondering why because it will not only screw with the way the car runs it is illegal and why ruin the air you breath even more

No comments:

Post a Comment